Friday, May 06, 2005

Hi, I'm Inky!

Yay for more blogging!!

I like the idea of kool-aid dying the 2nd color - I saw that when I first read over the paperwork and wondered what I'd do. Or perhaps another dye in a more tan shade of beige?

so here's my stats:

Where do you live? San Diego, CA/USA

How old are you (gasp!)? I'll be 45 on May 23.

Who else lives with you? My Husbandman (age 32, go inky!) and 2 cats, Boo and Noel.

Continental or English? English

How long have you knit? I learned around age 15, fiddled with scarves off and on until 2004 when I started knitting more often obsessively.

What type of needles do you use? I prefer Crystal Palace Bamboo or my new WEBS Bamboo Interchangeables.

Favorite online knitting store? knitpicks.com and yarnmarket.com

Best aspect of your knitting? I really like to work through a problem until it's resolved so my work is as good as I can get it with my current ablities.

Worst aspect of your knitting? Tension, definitely. I plan to try using a smaller needle for the purl rows on my swatches.

Most-used knitting reference book? Sally Melville's Knitting Experience - Book 1 & 2S

What's your stash like? Fairly manageable 3 large ikea storage boxes, and 2 bamboo chests posing as accessories. I'm on a yarn diet right now.

Then get down to business - anything else interesting that you'd like to share? Please visit my blog for the latest Inkyknits news

Are you afraid of the master knitting program? Not so much afraid as overwhelmed. When the packet came I was petrified but the more I read, checked out a half dozen books from the library and practice the less stress I feel.

Are you excited? Constantly. Oh wait you didn't mean it "that" way did you?

Have you started the swatches/questions/paper, and how long ago? My Wool of the Andes arrived a few days ago, I have all the binder, page protectors, reference books at the ready. I think I'll have to wait til the week after next as I started a new job and am still in training into next week. Then I can knit at work in a cat free quiet zone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

You must post about the interchangeable bamboo. Seriously. I thought I'd wet myself when I saw them in their little cute case. Are they as hot as they look, or are they chinatown chintzy?

And you look about 30. No kidding.

6/5/05 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Untitled Document