Friday, May 06, 2005

Willkomen, I'm Sunday

The nickname is a long story, and one that is only really interesting to myself, but succinctly, it's my hired killer name.

Where do you live? Waukegan, IL
How old are you (gasp!)? 26
Who else lives with you? My cat, "the cat".
Continental or English? English, for now. I guess starting the MK program really doesn't lend itself to starting a new style, eh?
How long have you knit? Oh, maybe 9, but I started seriously in high school - 10 years ago
What type of needles do you use? Just got some Denise, and I love circs.
Favorite online knitting store? Knitpicks and Yarn Market
Best aspect of your knitting? I use frogged sweaters from thrift stores.
Worst aspect of your knitting? Self taught, so I suck at weaving in ends. This will be a problem.
Most-used knitting reference book? SnB has done me well, although I'm still just learning how to do thing correctly. Mattress stitch? Learned it last year.
What's your stash like? Kind of paltry, and with mostly orphan skeins. I did freak out when I thought Lion Brand microspun was being discontinued, so I bought a bunch on ebay ... but mostly I buy for the project.
Then get down to business - anything else interesting that you'd like to share? I'm moving to Champaign, IL in August to start the Library Information Science graduate program. My boyfriend (Jason, 26, programmer, can't purl) and are renting a converted school building loft. I'm excited for August to get here!
Are you afraid of the master knitting program? I just don't want to be one of those "my tension is fine unless I'm knitting a MK swatch" people.
Are you excited? Can I say "fuck yes" or should we stick to appropriate language? I'm really really excited.
Have you started the swatches/questions/paper, and how long ago? Yeah, no. I don't even have my yarn yet. It will probably be another few days before I can start in ernest. I think I'll start doing the swatches in waste yarn to figure out what I'm doing, though. I'm that excited.

Oh, and as of now, I don't always have internet access on the weekends. Depends on if I'm at my place or at the techy boyfriends. If you don't hear from me, you'll have to wait until Monday. Yeah, sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Untitled Document