Monday, May 09, 2005

Countdown to Knit Picks package

As I am going to be waiting for at least a week for my swatch yarn, I spent the weekend combing the library for ref book and started looking at the questions. I think my usual overanalytical self will end up going cross-eyed before figuring out that "increase evenly" is really not that hard to answer. Here's what my brain was saying on Saturday:

"OK. Swatch 1. I can increase evenly across a row."
"20 stitches, 5 increases, that means increasing every 4 stitches, right?"
"Yeah - oh, except if you start after the first four stitches, you end up increasing on the last stitch. Is that a good idea?"
"I have no idea."
"Bah, let's move on to swatch 2. AHH! Same deal!"
"Calm down. Someone on the blog will know."


So that's the deal. Should the increase be k2, inc, *k4, inc* to last two, k2?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Awesome! I'm going to go home and try the post-k purl inc, and see if it becomes less noticable.

So does that mean that (in reference to question 2) you shouldn't increase in the middle of a set when ribbing?

9/5/05 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Untitled Document