Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Another day, another day closer to yarn.

I ordered the Vogue knitting book, since I couldn't get it at the library, and well, I had this Amazon gift certificate ...

I also did a little googling to find out if Champaign (IL) has a knitting shop. It does! They don't have a Stitch n Bitch, and their Meetup seems defunct, but I emailed the owner, and she said that there is usually someone hanging out knitting every moment of every day. Joy!

How is everyone doing with their swatches?

3 Comments:

Blogger InkyW said...

I haven't started my swatches yet - I plan to take my yarn to work (cat free zone) where I can knit them :) I just started a graveyard shift as night auditor at a hotel and I have alot of free time at night - well, once I get the hang of things in another night or two.

11/5/05 9:28 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I'm still waiting for my super-knitpicks-wool-that-won't-fail-me-because-it's-magic-yes-I-said-magic yarn. I'm convinced it's the key to even rows and no dropped stitches.

But I've taken some acrylic to the needles, knitting 10st rows to get the hang of the first couple of swatch instructions, and have started looking at the questions. I think I'm going to overthink. Just a warning, for when you check the blog and I've posted 12 times in three hours. :)

11/5/05 2:50 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

God! I keep forgetting! If you want me to mail you a copy of the instructions, I'd be happy to! Email me your address!

11/5/05 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Untitled Document