Friday, May 13, 2005

Three down!

I've finished the third swatch, and I can comfortably review the Wool of the Andes yarn I'm using. Nameless asked if it's lifeless (pre-blocking) or if it's the best yarn ever. (I'm really not a blocker, so I'm going to have to buy an iron or a spray bottle or something. I would love a few posts on your blocking technique.) I haven't blocked anything yet, but I can tell you that yes, the yarn is a bit lifeless. From what I hear, it will perk up in the blocking process. Now, knitting it up has been juuuuuust fine. I'm using my Denise Interchangeables, and the wool going over those warm plastic (dare I say slightly bendy) needles is wonderful. I was able to knit a good, not too loose stitch. I'm even going to blame the pleasure of the actual knitting on why I didn't read the directions, even though that's a complete lie.

Here's my question: How do you weave in ends? If you mention the book you use, I can look it up. (Rather than reinventing the wheel and trying to describe it.)

For the increase swatches, how many rows do we knit between increase rows? The way I interpret it, it's:
inc row,
p row,
k row,
p row,
inc row
etc.

I'm going to go search the forum for this answer - I know it's been discussed. I'll post what I find if there's any doubt.

I think one tip we can offer the world of knitting is yes, red wine is delicious, but drinking clear liquids may be the way to go! Martinis, tonics, gimlets, have at!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Yup. According to Susan of Susan Knits, it's every four rows for the increase. She also mentions that she's not redoing swatches until they're perfect - she's submitting them, and if they're rejected she'll just redo them. "I absolutely refuse to get so bogged down on knitting the perfect swatch that I achieve nothing." Words I am taking to heart.

Link to Susan's blog:
http://susanknits.blogdrive.com/archive/cm-5_cy-2005_m-5_d-4_y-2005_o-18.html

13/5/05 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Untitled Document